May is extra special for our furry friends as we celebrate all things pets!
There are lots of things you can do as a pet parent to participate:
- share what you love most about pet ownership with your friends and family
- support pet adoption by spreading the word of local rescue shelters or making a donation to your favorite shelter
- take a moment each day to feel gratitude about the benefits of pets for people and people for pets
- bring your favorite dog walker or pet nanny a goodie bag with homemade cookies or another special treat to say how much you appreciate their role in your pet’s life
- learn more about working companion animals and see if you’d like to volunteer your time or your dog’s time, perhaps as a therapy dog
If you’d like to show your fur kid some extra love this month, you can enjoy free standard shipping ($3.50 value) off your order from my shop between now and Wednesday, May 31, 2017.
Just use the code PETMONTH2017 when you check out.
Virtual pet hugs all around!
Note: This class is over, but you can purchase the pattern from Patterns by Annie. And if you’re looking for unique gifts for dog lovers, you might be interested in ordering a custom dog portrait. Each one captures the unique personality of the dog in a cute and modern way. For more details, visit the Custom Dog Portrait page.
When the weather gets warmer, I run out of pocket space for my dog walking gear. My American Giant zip up sweatshirt (pretty much the last sweatshirt I’ll ever need to buy!) with its roomy pockets gets me through the mild Arizona winters, but come Spring I need a gear bag.
But I prefer a compact, lightweight gear bag. Something just big enough for my phone and a can of random off-leash-dog-deterrent spray.
With this dog walking bag, supplies are within easy reach. The project features an easy-to-access outer pocket that dispenses clean-up bags, and room in the main pocket for treats, keys, ID, phone, and more. The bag is lined and stabilized, and can be worn over-the-shoulder or cross-body. It’s a fun and simple project that’s perfect for anyone with a pet, and makes a great gift!
The pattern is from Patterns by Annie and is as fun to sew as it is handy.
This class is good for all levels of sewers, as long as you’re familiar with your machine.
Saturday, May 26, 2016
10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
35th Ave Sew and Vac
4939 W Ray Road Ste 27, Chandler, AZ 85226
Click here to register